Yes, yes yes, it’s yet another flower puff cushion. But this time it’s all for me! Once again, the majority of the yarns used here were from my stash; although I did have to purchase a little more white for the background, and one or two balls of red were recent additions found in charity shops. (I can never resist a 25p ball of bright vintage wool.)
I’m enjoying the regularity of the colour pattern on this cushion, which is the largest flower puff cushion that I’ve made yet – 25 squares instead of 16. However I’m mixing things up a little in teaching myself a new crochet stitch pattern: ripple stitch.
This will form the back of the cushion, using up the last scraps of red, navy and white in a random stripe pattern. It looks very 1970s to my mind, and I’m pretty pleased with the results so far! It took me a little while to get my head around the instructions for this stitch pattern – I’ve been discovering, as I learn more and more crochet techniques, that I need to slightly re-word or re-write the directions in order to make sense of them. Crochet hasn’t benefitted so well in the modernising and changing of image that knitting and other crafts have.